« Home | ticked off » | | Black Listed | 2004-08-19 » | Randomly selecting blogs from the front page seeme... » | Jessica's been gone or about 9 days now. She went ... » | alzheimers, here I come » | So, im updating my profile, im adding blog entries... » | grey hair » | writing » | You are most like Carrie! You're quirky, flirty, ... » | writers block » 

Monday, August 23, 2004 

work

I think today is just one of those days where everything or everyone wants to piss you off. I don't think I ever mentioned what i do, but I'm a publicist. Meaning; I get people (singers, emcess, actors, poets, writers, artists, movies, and other types of businesses) into magazines, newspapers, television, ect.

It's a great job in that i work for myself, and don't have to answer to a boss. I do however, have clients to answer to. I don't have a boss to tell me what, and when to do something, but I do have deadlines that have to be met, and I have to schedule myself accordingly.

So, on to what pissed me off. Theres this guy, he used to produce a group we worked with a few years ago. He now works with a major group...world known. He calls us (cause he knows we're the bomb) and asks us if we'd be interested in working with them. Well, hell yeah. So he asks us some questions, and asks us how much we want and we give him a great price, much lower than a lot of other independent firms out there and he says he'll call us back.

He calls us back and offers us a price about 1/4 of what we asked for, and said that if we couldn't do it for that price they had another publicist who would.

We could use the extra money, but damn...why are people so unwilling to pay for quality work? We have worked with a variety of musical icons, we've had our clients in just about every major magazine in existance, yet they stll feel the need to pay us pennies.

Its hard to say, "stick it up your ass" when your rent and car note are due.

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates