« Home | It's our Anniversary » | 101 things about me? » | hmmmm.......... » | so damn clever » | Offers Pour in, US unprepared? » | Ali emailed me that Christopher Williams died. I j... » | "Get er done" » | looters or survivers, you decide » | more Katrina news, why am I not suprised.... » | CELEBRITIES thoughts on KATRINA responseWith celeb... » 

Saturday, September 10, 2005 

Guess what?! Guess What?! Guess what?!

.

I signed up for an art class!!! Yeah, it's a little expensive ($165) but when I mentioned it to Joe, he said "take it! I don't care if you have to let a bill get turned off, take it!" I was a little shocked how passionate he was about it. Maybe he just wants me to get out the house...or maybe he knows how badly I want it...but I did it, i paid the bills...and just did it!

I've actually been painting for about 4 years now. I'd always drew, took photographs (which to me is a form of painting, as you have to line the pictures up in a certain way to create the canvas you want), made jewelry, and clothes...all forms of artistic expression but I always had the desire to paint.

But I thought that in order to paint, you had to have some type of training....no way you could just pick up paint and a canvas and just start painting. But after a while the urge got so strong, thats exactly what I did. I went in the store, bought some paint, some canvases, and a bunch of other shit that I had no idea what it was for, and I took a dive. I created 23 collages/paintings in a year, pretty good amount so I'm told.

This is one of my paintings, it is called Joseph,



after Joseph and the coat of many colors. It's very much in the style of how I like to paint....if you know anything about art, you'll definitly be able to see that I love Gustav Klimt....

My favorite pieces by him are The Kiss, which one of his more popular ones..



The Fulfillment is another favorite, because I see myself and Joe when I look at it...



But I think my most favorite is one called Salome



from the story in the bible where she danced for the King, and he granted her a wish, and she requested the head of John the Baptist....as you can see his head dangles from her hand. Very morbid I know, but this piece fascinates me.

Anyway, a couple people asked me, why I am taking an art class when I'm already painting. Well it's kinda like cooking...I cook, and I cook very well, in fact, not only do I cook better than anyone I personally know, but I cook better than most restaraunts I've eaten at. (quite modest arent I? lol) However, would I benefit from a cooking class? most definitly...theres tons of stuff I probably dont know, lots of little tips and tricks I could benefit from.

Same with the art class. I was reading a book on acrylics (which is about how I learn to do everything...from books) and they were showing different layering tecniques...I found out I had been doing two of them by my own learning, one which had actually become a habit. However, if I learned two just on my own, imagine how many I could learn if I took a class?!

did i mention how excited I am?...I'm practically jumping up and down with glee. Im so happy :)

the more i read your stuff... the more i think... i have a soul twin somewhere... and that it might be you.

right down to the drawing, photography, cooking, picking up a paintbrush, the "modesty" (**giggles**)... GOTTA LOVE IT!!! i'm excited for you!! how has the class been going?

i haven't studied much classic art. i'm more intrigued by contemporary stuff.... and even that is limited to shows i've attended years ago. i just might go to the contemporary museum of art tomorrow. thanks!!

sorry i'm taking up soooo much space in your blog... LOL... but i forgot to mention that i ABSOLUTELY love your painting of joseph and his coat of many colors!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates