« Home | Mad World » | Your questions..... » | My Score: 47 » | items for trade » | wandering scent..... » | Sometimes I forget Completely.... » | nanowrimo » | Things to do in an elevator... » | Water from Your Spring » | Giovanni's Room » 

Monday, January 02, 2006 

New

Well I passed through the holidays, relatively unscathed. I didn't go online much, but I cleaned out my office and art studio, tried out some new recipes, and I made a queen size quilt for my daughter and a crib size one for my niece. It was my first time making a quilt, but I wanted to give her something special that she could have for many years. It's a little larger than queen size...I hand cut all the squares and hearts, sewed the designs and hearts on by hand from little pieces of different things; her pajamas from when she was a baby, an old blanket, ect.

Here's one pic, I posted a bunch on my photoblog right here.





When I gave it to her she said

her: this is the best gift I got for Christmas

me: cut the crap, you got an mp3 player

her: but this is handmade mom, you made it with love


the girl is something else, she knows how to make me cry and be proud all at the same time. :)

I'm going to post pics of the quilt as soon as I find the cord to my digital camera.

Here's the recipe for my New Years Drink...I call it a Magarlisa (lol)(lisa is my name, chase is my nickname)

A large Margarita glass (bigger the better)

put sugar in a dish, wet rim and dip rim in sugar to coat rim.

fill glass halfway with lemonade. either store bought or homemade (homemade is best)
add

one shot of peach schnapps
one shot of Ameretto
two shots of Malibu (coconut rum)
sugar if you need it sweeter
crushed ice

I make a quart sized container, so just add ingredients as per cup.

sit back, sip and enjoy. :)



I also made an awesome spinach and artichoke dip, like the one you get a Houlahan's, black eyed peas and rice (called Hoppin John..it's good luck to make on New Years), and some great cookies (Choc Chip, Oatmeal crisps and butterscotch chip...email me for recipes)

Jessica's back home. I'm feeling good. Ready to start a wonderful New Year. Life is good.

:)




Oh, by the way, I put up a list of things I have for trade. I will be adding tons of stuff to this list. I did something like this a few years back and it was awesome. (I could put the stuff on ebay, but it's just not as much fun. lol) Check it out, there may be something I have that you want. I will add this as a link on the side of my blog later today so you can reference it as I add new things.

Items For Trade (click here)

Welcome back Chase..You were missed!

Happy New Year..All the best. :)

Wanted to wish you a Happy New Year. I wasn't online much either, keeping to my promise to enjoy the holidays and slow down a bit.

~Deb

the quilt looks great! happy 2006! :)

Beautiful quilt! My baba makes them too. She's really smart, buty I'm not surprised. Such a nice thing to say. I was a total snot at her age.
And I'll try your drink idea too. We just had pina coladas, and MAN do those hit you hard when your not expecting the Bacardi to all be at the bottom.
-JV

Thanks for stopping by...I'm glad you actually had time to read a LOT of my blog despite the Tylenol PM! HAHAHAH! The quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so jealous...I don't have the patience...and when I do the squares, I make'em BIG (less work!) and that drink recipe got me over here with a watered mouth! Me thinkith I gotta try that one!

Come by anytime... Happy New Year!

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good holiday. What a wonderful little person. But she is so right. There's nothing like a homemade gift with all sorts of love thrown in. :)
The trade idea is very cool!
Lois Lane

Happy 2006 Chase!! Your daughter Jess is adorable, what she said was so sweet. The quilt is beautiful.

I'm glad that you had a good holiday. I love that quilt! Hope that you and your loved ones have a happy new year!

Awesome quilt! The effort and love that went into it makes it a priceless gift. Am so happy that your daughter Jessica appreciated it for exactly that reason, that's such a rare trait in society today. Her reaction would have been worth much more than anything she could give in return!

You are so awesome Chase. That is a priceless gift!!!! Wonderful. Last year for Christmas my mother gave us all quilts that she had had made out of squares of material from our past clothes and stuff. It was really cool.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates