« Home | New » | Mad World » | Your questions..... » | My Score: 47 » | items for trade » | wandering scent..... » | Sometimes I forget Completely.... » | nanowrimo » | Things to do in an elevator... » | Water from Your Spring » 

Sunday, January 08, 2006 

coolness

Some cool things I've come across that you might like.

Google Earth

One of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in. Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions. Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings. Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations. Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop. View exotic locales like Maui and Paris as well as points of interest such as local restaurants, hospitals, schools, and more.

I think what blew me away the most was going from outer space, and zooming in right to my house. I saves searches like, where I grew up, my moms house, my sisters house, my business partners house. When I click my house and then click my sisters address, it zooms from my house to her house in NJ. Very breathtaking, and very cool. Here's a screenshot of my house, you can click on it to enlarge it.




Google Earth System requirements include;

Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP
CPU speed: IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® PIII 500 MHz
System memory (RAM): 128MB
200MB hard-disk space
3D graphics card: 3D-capable video card with 16MB VRAM
1024x768, 32-bit true color screen
Network speed: 128 kbps ("Broadband/Cable Internet")

and sorry Mac users, they're not ready for you guys yet. If you decide to check it out, let me know what you think.


Retrievr

From the folks at Flickr, comes Retrievr. You draw a shape in the lil box and it "retrieves" pictures that contain the same shape elements. Sometimes the results are amazing....sometimes, not so much. But you will wind up seeing lots and lots of amazing photos. Who knew there were so many talented photographers out there?

Here's a line drawing I did and the results. The best on was the lady with the lags (bottom left), not an exact match, but definitly an interesting one. You can check it out yourself at Retrievr



Legal Vote

On Legal Vote, all of you fans of Law and Order and CSI can have a voice and be heard! Read about real cases and vote on what you think was right or wrong in the case.

A current case reads:

In July of 1992, 32-year-old Mr. P. was struck by a police car while he was riding his motorcycle. While being treated in the emergency room, he was given a tetanus shot. He subsequently developed Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) -- a serious and debilitating disease.

Is Mr. P.'s condition the result of the treatment he received for injuries sustained in the accident?

The site claims that these are fact situations of real cases involving real individuals. Your input and opinions can actually affect how a real case will be tried in front of a jury, or may actually bring about a settlement of the case.

Pretty cool eh?



Well. thats all I have for now. I've been doing tons of cleaning for the new year. Which reminds me, don't forget to check out my list of things for trade. C'mon, I know I'm not the only one doing spring cleaning, don't you have some stuff you want to get rid of and get something cool in return?

I have plans to make another quilt, im cutting squares right now...I cleaned jess's room and she has tons of old t-shirts that I can't give away or sell because of stains, so I'll just cut them into squares for quilting. I'm going to make a quilt for my other two nieces, and may make one for my sister as a suprise for her birthday. (crossing fingers, hoping she doesnt read this, lol)

I'm 97% done with my latest painting, and I'm going to post pics of it as well as pics of my studio for those who have asked in the past if they could see it.

Do you know anyone who does life insurance that I could ask a question? Let me know.

Works for Linux too, lady. ;)
I was sooo impressed by Google Earth...Lance wants to work there someday.
Have a good week,
JV
<3

Me too, me too!!! Maybe me and Lance can chat at the watercooler on breaks :D

I totally love Google Earth! I can go look at the Dominican Republic and if it was not too cloudy the day the satellite passed... Wow I can see my folks home. How cool is that? Try Europe!

Coquito, yes, I love traveling around with it. There's this part of australia that looks so weird, it has all of this red clay....I looked at the eiffel tower, but what was most impressive to me....The Pyramids.

In retrospect, I found that Google does not, in fact, cater to Linux in that respect. *curse you, google!* I dunno...Google Maps is pretty cool.
And I can see that water cooler conversation now:
Him: Hot enough for you?
You: Wow. You're dumb.
:p
At least you'll be thinking it. Lance loves saying stupid things.
-JV

I would never call Lance dumb! I wouldnt even think it...he's far too cute for that.

;)

You'd seriously think so, but honestly?
"You think the pope likes church?"
"I think people who die are really missing out."
"I wish they didn't speak Chinese in China. How the hell am I supposed to understand them?"

Yeah...he can design computer games, but he can't put together a thought unless its so deep it makes you cry.
<3
JV

btw, you call me Dr. Death on your link page...
:p

ya, you did tell me that a while back right? I'm doing some updates 2morrow, i'll fix it.

I wonder if the Pope does like church...its long and can get pretty boring....i wonder if he gets hot under that hat and robes.

the truth is probably that people who live are missing out. lol

Does the pope make speeches when he goes to church?? Or does he have to sit through the lectures like everyone else?
(I asked Lance this, and he's been thinking about for hours)
JV

On sundays the pope does the mass. I don't hink he does "speeches" per say, but if I'm not mistaken he does mass there every sunday.

Good Christ, thats exactly what Alex said.
Sooo smart.
;)
JV

best regards, nice info provigil+for+bi-polar

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates