« Home | Fortune cookie madness » | Free Chinese food » | EDZ SEZ » | Julius and Friends » | So I was minding my own business...doing some work... » | My fortune » | Ok so, since I was reading Pushing in the Pin's bl... » | so there IS life on blogger! » | work » | ticked off » 

Thursday, August 26, 2004 

Lindt

Have you ever tried Lindt chocolate truffles? They come in milk chocolate, dark chocolate and (gasp) white chocolate. I looooove white chocolate, every since I was a little girl. All the kids in my family would get brown chocolate bunnies and I would be the oddball with the beautiful white chocolate bunny. The best thing was all the other kids hated how it tasted, so it was mine...mine, mine, mine....all mine. (sorry for the Daffy Duck moment)


From the Lindt website:

Before you take a bite - smell the chocolate, breath in its aroma and take a good look at it. Is it shiny or dull? What is its color and texture? Much like a wine connoisseur, chocolate lovers consider appearance, smell and taste. True chocolate aficionados let the chocolate melt on their tongue and enjoy the various degrees of intensity and sensual feelings while it liquefies.

Professional chocolate connoisseurs have many terms to describe the texture, quality and feel of chocolate. Let's look at the texture of a chocolate bar first, how does it break? Does it crumble and splinter or is it a clean break coming off with a hard and clear "crack"? If it does, it's an almost sure sign of an excellent quality. Is the praline shiny and does it have a thin shell of chocolate surround it? Is it beginning to melt if you hold it between your fingers a few seconds? If it doesn't, it may contain a lot of vegetable fat.

Let's taste it now -- slowly let a square melt in your mouth or take a small bite from a praline. Does it melt nicely and smoothly, or does it leave a granular or "floury" feeling in your mouth? Granular residues may be the sign of too much sugar, which in turn may make you thirsty. Does it stick to your palate and require considerable pains to dislodge it from the roof of your mouth?..It shouldn't. Does it melt easily and change without much effort from solid to liquid without chewing it? If it doesn't, its too "dry." but the opposite, "fatty" will just leave that kind of taste in your mouth. It goes without mention . . . the less granular the texture, the smoother, the less fatty and softer melting, the better the chocolate!

A few words about the cocoa contents are in order here. A high cocoa content is no guarantee for flavor; it's the quality of the beans and the way they are processed and used in production that have the biggest impact on its final taste.


Lindt chocolate truly has all of the admirable qualities they mentioned here. FYI, I've managed to find Lindt (rarely) at Walgreens, Rite Aide and hardly anywhere else except online. :(

Did I mention I love chocolate?....but nothing more than Lindt.

Cadbury? Have you tried Lindt? They will ruin you for all other chocolates (except Godiva...don't EVEN get me started). Ha

Hey Chase --

First off, thanks for all the love!! I've been reading you numerous blogs (which must be exhausting...) and enjoy what's on your mind.

So relatives of my sister-in-law used to work at the Lindt factory outlet... did you know there was one?? Well, every holiday this guy would roll in with BAGS full of Lindt truffles, and seeing as how I'm a "binge eater", I would polish off like 10 in one sitting. Sadly, this ruined the entire Lindt experience for me. WHen I see their beautifully wrapped little packages, I immediately feel sick. Sad, no? :)

No, if this was the case with hummus and instant indian food, I would be absolutely crushed.

Lindt are quite good, a fair number of grocery stores in Houston will have at least a few. I prefer dark chocolate to white, prefer raspberry filled to the truffles [although it's close].

Ok, maybe I lied. Tried the Kroger, super Wal-Mart, no Lindt chocolate. Might try Central Market today.

Wow, you seriously can't find it anywhere? It's everywhere here in Toronto, at least. Anywhere I've been in Canada I've found it. Corner stores, grocery stores, even in dollar stores at the malls. Come on up to Canada, nothing but Lindt chocolate.
And I totally agree, white chocolate rocks my socks. Dark too.

Johnny

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates