« Home | 2 exe's in 2 days » | Am I the only one saddened by watching Trading Spo... » | Dead Man goes unnoticed for 2 years..... » | I'm too lazy and tired right now to think of anyth... » | Lindt » | Fortune cookie madness » | Free Chinese food » | EDZ SEZ » | Julius and Friends » | So I was minding my own business...doing some work... » 

Thursday, September 01, 2005 

The Calm and the Storm

This Katrina has wreaked unbelivable havoc. Utterly the worst I know of in the US besides the thousands of Native American and Africans killed, but that wasn't a natural disaster was it? I haven't written in I don't know how long and so much has happened that during this crisis I'd feel like an idiot blathering about my own problems or events....

Looking at the news has bought me to tears on more than one occasion, this one young couple was so worried about her father who refused to leave with them, and talked the newspeople into bringing them to see if he was ok....when they pulled up to the house, he was out on the deck, and the girl just screamed "DADDY"....he waved his arms and she yelled "I got you daddy!". It was so sweet.

I keep trying to think of a way that I can help....sending money seems to be the quickest fix, but to who? so many reports are saying that there are so many people who STILL have had no help, many people stranded, hungry thirsty and i tlooks like no help forthcoming. Where is the red cross, where is Bush (dummy flies over and looks down on his people), where is the help....and if I give money how do I know its going to help?

I've heard that there are many people going on craigslist.org and offering rooms in their house...I menntioned it to Joe and he was like "I don't think so", lol. Then my daughter was like why not....I think its something that I would do, my heart is like that, but growing up in the "hood" Joe always thinks the worst. "what if they rob you?", "What if they rob you and leave in the middle of the night", "what if they call other people and open the door in the middle of the night for them to rob you", "what if they call other people and open the door in the middle of the night so they can rob you and kill you in your sleep"? Something to think about I guess, sure knocks the wind out of helping in that way though. I'd like to think if you did something like that you would be protected just by the positive energy that something like that would incur....Joe would tell me I'm "living with the fairies" again. Thats what he tells me when he thinks I'm dreaming or not being realistic, lol.

But it still brings me back to my original thought...what to do? I saw many babies with just diapers on, lots of people with no shoes....collect these things? Then how to get them to the people. I think everyone is probably thinking like I a, with no thought of how to go about doing these things. Lemme sleep on it, I know I'll come up with something.

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates