« Home | Bodhichitta » | coolness » | New » | Mad World » | Your questions..... » | My Score: 47 » | items for trade » | wandering scent..... » | Sometimes I forget Completely.... » | nanowrimo » 

Sunday, January 15, 2006 

landslide

I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
'Til the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder, even children get older
And I'm getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Aha, climb a mountain and turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well, the landslide will bring it down

And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well, the landslide will bring it down



Joe went to NJ w/ his mother to take care of some personal business. He left last tuesday and will be back this tuesday. I miss him terribly, and it has made me think of what my life would be like without him. He is an awesome presence in my life as well as my daughters life, and I think we are better because of him.

I spoke to him tonight, and he told me he's so ready to be home, which, of course I was glad to hear.

I'm not used to being in a house this size. Even when we stayed in our tiny little apartment, I was nervous if he wasn't there at night, but this house...this is something totally different. If someone broke into the house, my bedroom is so far from the front I wouldn't hear it. Granted if they came in the back I would probably blow their brains out....but I guess you can see where the whole thing just makes me nervous. lol

I've spent the whole weekend putting tons of Jessica's 14/16 clothes up on Ebay, I've always bought her quility clothing, and most of it is in like-new condition, so I think it will sell. it should. If so, I will put it toward her 14th birthday that is coming up in Feb. She wants to have her party here at the house and invite kids from school. We're talking about 50 or so kids. I'm so not looking forward to it. It's bad enough when she has two of her girlfriends here this weekend...they giggle like mad at absolutely nothing, eat like horses and hog up the phone.

Yeah, yeah I'm complaining....but she's a good kid...and it's all a part of being a teenager....in a sense, I'm kind of enjoying it all. I know in a few years she'll be running off into the sunrise of her life, so I have to enjoy even the moments that drive me nuts. It scares me to know that one day she won't be my "little girl" anymore...she will grow up and one day become someone else's "mommy"....will she still be my little girl?

I suppose at that time, I will be able to look back, and see the work that I put into my little girl to make her into a woman....and maybe have the opprotunity to revel in being a grandmother. I ask god to bless our relationship all the time....the last thing I want is for us to have an adversarial relationship, like my mother and I had. So far, so good...she still talks to me about everything, and we're able to laugh about most things, rather than take them too seriously. I'm lucky to have her.

Happy Birthday when it comes...and I know what you mean about being alone in a house. O_o Right after my mom died, I had to *sounds weird* have someone stay in the same bed as me, like Lance or Conner (whos much older, but its not like that, I SWEAR).
And she'll always be your little girl, even when he's 95 and maybe a great-grandma. Everyones someones baby, no matter how old or far away.
:)
JV

Jessica slept with me every night, lol. SO it's not weird...it was comforting.

I like that you bring up that particular aspect of "having people over"....because I have felt that way before but felt guilty for feeling that way.

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates