« Home | stupid birthday..... » | Trust is the key..... » | Do her children eat dog food? » | Child on Child Sexual Abuse » | 2 Sons » | 33 for a moment » | Thank You Martin. » | landslide » | Bodhichitta » | coolness » 

Sunday, February 26, 2006 

Taco bell rocks

I still don't have online acess yet, but here I am in Taco Bell enjoying a Crunchwrap Supreme (which also rocks) I didn't know all Taco Bell's had wifi, well at least the ones around here do.

Yeah, im over the birthday blues....whats a girl to do? lol Thank you to everyone who sent me well wishes in my comments and emails...it's easy to see why we become attached to our blogfriends, especially when they are so sweet and caring.

Jessica had her 14th Birthday party last night, it was really awesome. We decorated the bar (yep, we have a huge bar in our house) with xmas lights and streamers, I made 4, 3 layer cakes, they had hot dogs, chicken wings, devilled eggs and every kind of chip you can imagine. I made "invisible" punch, with the new invisible kool aid, and some sprite, all the kids thought it was water, lol, and weren't drinking it until i told them it was punch.

One of the funniest things of the night was the phone call from the grandmother of one of jessica's friends that went like this....

Grandmother: Hey, I'll be bringing nick shortly, but his friend that he grew up with is here and I wanted to know if it was ok if he came too?

Me: How old is he?

GM: 13, but he's big (which was an understatement, the boy was HUGE)

me: yes that's fine

GM: But there's one thing (long pause) (she whispers) He's black

silence

Me: (whispers) So are we

GM: Really? (clearly relieved) I'm not prejudeced or anything, I just know a lot of people in this area are and I wouldnt want to drop him off and have anyone give him problems

Me: (dying laughing) that's fine, no problems here



I cannot get enough of telling that story, it keeps cracking me up.

Jessica said it was the best party ever...but I think I forgot how loud a roomful of 40 teenagers could be. Im sure it's a party she'll remember for the rest of her life.




I'm signing up for the substitute teacher program here, and if all goes well I'll be subbing (extra money AND getting out of the rut house.

I'll probably come back to Taco Bell on Wed, or have my online access back by then.

ciao

omigoodness about the phone call!!!
that is to funny!

and btw i LOVE taco bell...we must be long lost sistas or something...

have u tried baja blast?
i don't do soda, but i'm addicted to baja blast.lol

The party sounds great. The NosePicker had about 40 for his last (14 also, in November) birthday too. He has some great friends; teenagers get a bad rap sometimes.

OMG, you're black??!!

Seriously, that is too funny.

ok what is taco bells ?

And im glad jess had an awesome birthday.

And im not sure about the phone call, just sad that someone would have to tell you someone is of another colour before they can come to a party. Guess im still shaking my head on that one.

Jumpinginpuddles:

Taco Bell is a fast food place, like if McDonald's tried to do Mexican.

I have to try that crunch wrap. I love spicy food!

I used to have Taco Bell's food a long time ago. Taco has closed down in Jamaica as well as Mcdonald's. They couldn't adopt to the Jamaican market I guess.

Glad you're feeling better now. Sounds like you had a blast at the party.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates