« Home | prom » | Beautiful » | Taco bell rocks » | stupid birthday..... » | Trust is the key..... » | Do her children eat dog food? » | Child on Child Sexual Abuse » | 2 Sons » | 33 for a moment » | Thank You Martin. » 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 

New Orleans Library


The New Orleans Public Library is asking for any and all hardcover and paperback books for people of all ages in an effort to restock the shelves after Katrina. The staff will assess which titles will be designated for its collections. The rest will be distributed to destitute families or sold for library fundraising.



Please send your books to:

Rica A. Trigs
Public Relations
New Orleans Public Library
219 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112


**UPDATE - my anonymous commenter has mentioned that the New Orleans Library cannot handle the infulx of books, and gave me a website that shows alternative ways that you can help them. Thanks, whoever you are!


Click here for the FAQ Website







On another note, I've done some planting over the past week. Planted some herbs, tomatoes and peppers from seed. Starting an avacado plant, and finally found a good spot for the pink rosebush my neighbor gave me for my birthday. The weather seems tobe breaking here and spring is well on it's way. Makes me want to clean, lol.

We're also getting a horse. Yes, a horse. One of our friends has a few of them but he's moving and wants to find good homes for some of them. He's offered to help joe build a good fence if he comes over and helps with his fence, which he did today. We're supposed to get her next week, and when we do I will most definitly post pics, she is so beautiful.

Things are getting exciting with Jess's prom coming up in a couple days. We have everything except her shoes, which we'll get on Friday, and she's getting her hair done Sat morning. I will post pics sat night or sunday morning, I know she's going to have a great time. :)

The library (like everyone else around here) does not have enough staff to handle or deal with these thoughtful gifts.

Go to their FAQ site for suggestions on how to help
http://nutrias.org/~nopl/foundation/donationsfaq.htm

i hope they restock the library and umm whats the name of the horse ?

Hmmm...I have plenty of books to give away. I'll have to look into the website.

8th grade prom? Middle School has made a serious come up! I hope she has a good time.

Well they asked and they received!

I am going to go through and donate as many books as I can. What a great thing for many of us to do.

~Deb

Best regards from NY!
» »

Keep up the good work Excel accounting templetes

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates