« Home | Michael Jackson and my nephew » | Fuckin Templates » | Harvest Moon » | Angels in strange places » | Kelis on crack...wait, maybe it was Nas » | I feel like crap today. I had these wild dreams a... » | My love/hate relationship with Martha Stewart » | Storytellin - summer of 75 - Newark, NJ » | 9/11 » | Alfie » 

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 

artartartartart

My friend Bernice sent me the link of an awesome artist, a little creepy in a Nightmare Before Christmas kind of way, but I'm intrigued...... Scott Radke. I make dolls as well, I will post some at a later date...these dolls he did I think were done with paperclay, which is a medium I haven't tried yet, but I really want to try it. It looks like it has a lot of possibilities, and it's much much lighter than real clay, so it gives you more freedom, like how he makes marrionettes, you couldnt do that with real clay it would be too heavy.

My art supplies arrived today...closest thing to Xmas I've felt in a long time, lol. I unpacked everything, but I haven't opened anything....I'll do that tomorrow, pack a bag of everything I have to take. Class starts next Tuesday. I'm just working and cleaning house every day and trying not to think about it. I cant wait. ::cheese::

oh yeah, and this guy wasted like an hour of my time today Whitless, but oh...di I laugh my ass off. lol

I love art and I know it's all relative, but those marionettes
are just creepy. Why are they pale with circle around their eyes? They are just.....ugly. I saw one cute one that looked sas as oppose to demonic like the others. I'm sure there is something to gain by his work in terms of technique.

Went to Whitless, to tired to process it all. The few things that I read were funny. I'll check back there tomorrow.

The dolls Scott makes are truly compelling to look at. Look forward to seeing your art creations too.

~Deb

Hahaha....Yes Pink they are creepy. Did you ever see nightmare before Christmas? Thats why I mentioned that movie..or the new one coming out Corpse Bride. They are creepy, but he definitly has found a niche, which is something I have yet to do. It's what makes you money I believe.

Deb..I will post some, have to take more pics.

I left a comment on your post when you ordered them but it never showed up. It said something to the effect of:

Yeah, it's like Christmas for me too. A new sketchbook or even a new eraser can make my day. And if you have brushes, take care of them! I have some that are 20+ years old (almost older than you!) because I was careful to wash and store them properly after every use. They are old friends- I know exactly how they will perform and what their limits are.

What sort of things will you be doing in your class?

Also, I LOVE Tim Burton. I think he is a genius. His vision and imagination are amazing.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates