« Home | 9/11 » | Alfie » | Guess what?! Guess What?! Guess what?! » | It's our Anniversary » | 101 things about me? » | hmmmm.......... » | so damn clever » | Offers Pour in, US unprepared? » | Ali emailed me that Christopher Williams died. I j... » | "Get er done" » 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 

Storytellin - summer of 75 - Newark, NJ

I was oblivious to the shit my mother was going thru by being a "white" woman in the 50's (technically she's Puerto rican/Cherokee and her father was Irish) having me by a half african, half sicilian man and then going on to marry a full blooded black man. Her family cut her off, her mother wouldnt speak to her, and her brother said she died.

I was quite oblivious to race period...i was a black-haired curly-topped light skinned-ed kid, with my "black" nose, my little friends at that time were black, white, purto rican, chinese and I think one of the kids was portugese. We lived in an apartment building, that was clean and safe enought to not be called the projects, and it was wonderful. Walks to Weequhae(sp) park down the street, mommas having their sun chairs in the back parking lot while the kids played there.


I remember being the oldest, and anything that came out of my mouth was true to them kids. They would look up at me in wonder as I told them about aliens that took people to their planets, sharks that could swim on land, bugs that lived in your mattress and most of all the man who lived in the basement apt all the way at the end of the parking lot.

the end of the parking lot was where the last buliding sat, along with the huge metal garbage dumps, broken cars, mattresses, old sneakers hung from the wire, and you just know there was a rabid dog in there somewhere, not to mention a rat or two.

So as the mothers lay sunning, gossiping and drinking, we would huddle across the yard, and everone would look up at me expectantly for the story of the day. Would it be sharks (afterwards, I'd chase them around with the du du....du du....dudududu..." shark sound while they screamed. Which I always got in trouble for, go figure, I wasnt the one screaming! Or maybe the story about the aliens, and how they came to my room last night and asked me who they should pick up next, and have them beg me for hours to see if I had given their name, lol, some were actually hoping I did, but I never got fooled by that.

Or maybe...today was the day, when we talked about MR WILSON! Mr wilson lived in the basement apartment in the last building at the end of the parking lot. While all the other buildings were accessable thru the basement door, his wasnt cause it was piled high with shit, and you would have to wade thru it to even get to the door...and then there was the smell...So I would start out by how he moved here, as we slowly made our way to the end of the parking lot.....strolling nonchalontly I would, tell of his evil exploints and having been in jail for killing and eating little kids, the we would round the rusty oldsmobile and be face to face with his basement door.

Why was it dark down here when it was sunny out? I never knew. I would keep up the soothing conversation as we walked closer, I was so smooth, some kids even leaned on the rail to hear me clearer, towards the end of my tail my voice would get higher and higher, until i was screaming that he was coming and banging to make sure they thought he was and OH, the shrieks...(you should have heard the horrendous noise that came out of these kids mouths), across the parking lot like some hysterical ambulance wailing at the top of their lungs....some even crying.....screaming MissssTER WALKeeeeerrr gonnnne get UUUUUUUUUsssssss. The mothers would put down their drinks and books, in anticipation of the deluge of children jumping into their laps and just look at me.

My mother would look at me thru her dark glasses....finally she would pull them down onto her nose so I could see her eyes and say "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

In an attempt not to laugh, i would slam the toe of my Ked on the ground just hard enough to hurt (cause oh if she saw me laugh, i would be hurting much more)::shrugging:: "Nothin momma, I was just telling them a story."

"Well your stories are fucking killing us" she'd say and the other women would murmer with approval. "Sorry?" I'd say. "Go on and play" she would say, and "NO MORE STORIES!"

who waS she kidding? the kids would beg for it, i was like a story junkie and they were jonesing for the high i gave them...they couldnt get this shit in school, at nightime bedstories, reading time at the library....hell nah, this was the real deal right here, I even had a kid piss in his pants once. I got a beating for that one. They would be on me from the time I walked out the door, tell us a story, tell us about Mister wilson, you can have my candy....you can have my toy, just tell us a story.

What could I do?

I told em a story and it went that way the whole summer....the more I said no, the more they begged, the more I gave in, the more I got my ass whooped. What a summer.

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. One option that should definitely be considered is cash for cars near me, as they provide a free car removal service. Firstly, if you own an unwanted car sitting in your driveway, damaged beyond repair, or otherwise just in bad condition, you could really benefit from a cash for cars Gold Coast removal service. They provide a free, no-obligation, professional service to help you get rid of your unwanted car.
sell car to wreckers
sell car for cash

When you sell your old scrap car to Cash For Cars Brisbane, we come to your location to remove the vehicle at no cost. All removal fees are waived, and before we load the vehicle, you have cash in your pocket. We are the car removal company that buys any make and condition of a car- Ford, Holden, Isuzu, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or something else. Our top-of-a-line car wrecking facility allows us to recycle scrap metal in an eco-friendly way.

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. unwanted car removal brisbane is the best and safest place to sell your unwanted car. Call Us Now 0483 333 000

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates