« Home | Spring has sprung » | New Orleans Library » | prom » | Beautiful » | Taco bell rocks » | stupid birthday..... » | Trust is the key..... » | Do her children eat dog food? » | Child on Child Sexual Abuse » | 2 Sons » 

Sunday, April 16, 2006 

dirt

still playing in the dirt as Joe says....been pruning bushes all week when i have a spare moment, still got about 30 bushes to go, why did they plant all these damn bushes around this house?!? I planeted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, jalepenos, red peppers, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, watermelon, snow peas, brussel sprouts and string beans in the garden (so far) the most important thing will be to keep them hydrated, especially in the summer it gets crazy hot here and will dry a plant up to a twig in a day if you're not careful.

I planted two tiny baby peach trees, and two apple trees...they are only about 3 feet and 1 ft tall respectively. I won't see fruit from them in my lifetime, but maybe y grandchildren will. thats a nice thought.

be back later.

I am jealous. This is the first year in agesthat I will not have a vegetable garden, what with the moving and all. And I always like getting my hands dirty, too.

Here is what I've found helps for those beastly hot days, gardenwise:

1. A soaker hose. You can cut and thread it to go wherever you need it, and it gets the water right next to the roots.

2. Then put some kind of mulch over it so the moisture won't evaporate. Grass clippings are fine for this, and I bet youve got plenty of those!

Sounds like a great time. I love planting and seeing what grows as a result.

Weel, well, it seems you are an avid farmer!

farmer chase! :)
i'm only good at pulling weeds and chopping down trees...

That sounds really fun. I, for one, have only planted one thing and it died on account of poor placing. I planted a cherry tree on the side of the Hamilton Mountain mini-highway. Right under the overpass.
My mum and I planted it, but the dead stump is nice enough.
JV

Chase,
Miss you. It's almost June.
Post again and let us know how you are doing!!!

green thumb? :)

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm chase
  • From Georgia by way of Jersey, United States
Who Am I? Start Here...
Email me

More of My Stuff


    The Food Docs (Recipes)
    Pictures of My Life
    Paintings and Art
    Poetry Book:
    Rest in Reason, Move in Passion

    101 Things About Me
    "Starving Artist" Supplies Wishlist
    My Reading List
    My Items for Trade

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mschase2u. Make your own badge here.

    Locations of visitors to this page

Notable Posts

For Laughs

Interesting


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Strange Days!


powered by Bloglet



A clix a day will give me your vote, and why not? You know you love me :) Just click it, it opens in a new window, close it, and that's it. Pretty simple eh?

Islands in the Stream


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer


Your Personality Profile

You are sexy, powerful, and bold. You're full of passion and energy...Sometimes this passion has a dark side. You feel most alive when you're seducing someone. You never fail to get someone's attention. Quick minded, you're also quick to lose your temper!
Click here to take The World's Shortest Personality Test

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates